Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Stress Stress Stress

I hate moving. You wouldn't think so, since I've done so much of it in the past ten years or so, but I do. This move is by far the hardest. The other country-to-country moves were pretty easy since we didn't bring much with us to England, and when we moved here most of our things were already in storage in Toronto. I hate the packing, I hate all the calls to arrange for the utilities and services to end, I hate all the address changes, and with this one, there's a lot of red tape too. And we've decided that we don't want to rent from an individual again, it's too much of a pain in the ass. Grumble, grumble, grumble, bitch, bitch, bitch.

We're going to rent an apartment (eventually) instead of a house so that we can save up to buy a house. Utilities are included with most apartments there, so it really is quite a difference in price. I enjoy the yard, but I can do without it for a while to have my own yard.

More packing.

2 comments:

Tess said...

You don't know me, but your blog entries (both of them) :) touched me. I've been moving around too, and sometimes not feeling like I belong. You are so lucky to have so many people who care for you and that will miss you (and vice-versa)...I have no doubt you'll create lasting relationships in your new home too. You've certainly made me want to know you (not in a creepy way). :) I wish you all the good luck in the world with the move, and I look forward to reading more and supporting you from afar (not too far, I'm in California too, for now).

Carl Giles said...

Right there with you hating the packing...grumble, grumble, grumble.