Thursday, February 01, 2007

I'm Still Alive

I can't believe I haven't posted in over four months. I'll be surprised if anyone will read this.

So, it's been a year since we left California now, and I think I'm finally adjusted. I'm not loving the snow, but we haven't actually had it for that long. It wasn't until after Christmas that it actually turned cold. Global warming scares me. The kids love the snow. Carl and the kids went sliding with Carl's brothers Mark and Ryan, and our niece Gemma on Saturday. They had a great time. The faster they could get down the hill, the better. I hear that Uncle Ryan was pretty tired of trudging back up the hill because the kids always wanted to go with him. Hey, he's the one who wanted to be the favourite uncle!

I wasn't with them because I spent the weekend at the Ontario NDP (New Democratic Party) convention. I was a delegate for my riding, St. Paul's. It was really great to be there. I really felt like I was part of something. Howard Hampton, the leader of the provincial party, gave a really great speech on Saturday, revving everyone up. Jack Layton, leader of the federal party, wrapped the weekend up with his rousing speech. I'm glad I got to see them.

The most exciting thing right now is that I'll have a new niece in about a month! Poor Pam (my brother Greg's fiancee), she hasn't had an easy time of it. She's hospitalized right now with a blood clot in her leg, and though they're (finally) treating it, she's still in a lot of pain. Prayer and positive thoughts would be appreciated.

I've been really enjoying scrapbooking and card making. I made all my Christmas cards this year, which ended up being a bigger job than I planned. I was happy with the result, though. I've got two layouts posted here at Scraptivity, and I'll be uploading a couple more tomorrow. I find it really relaxing to just sit down and lose myself in creating a layout. It's not a cheap hobby, but it's worth it.

I don't know how much time I'll really have for scrapbooking once I start my new job, though. I will be working part time as a cashier at Shoppers Drug Mart. I'm not sure yet how many hours I'll have a week. Most likely both days on the weekend and an evening shift or two during the week. It's a new store and doesn't open until March 15, but I'll have a couple of training shifts before then.

Hopefully it won't take me another four months to update this. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new job Sherry! I LOVE Shopper's Drug Mart! Hope all goes well for you!